欢迎 to Texas Woman’s University 辅导及心理服务 (CAPS)! We look forward to working collaboratively with you during your time at TWU.
TWU 辅导及心理服务 (CAPS) is committed to providing high-quality, culturally responsive mental health services to enrolled students across all three campuses. Our services support the development of the whole person by fostering student resiliency, 情绪健康, 人际效能和学业成功.
虽然大学是一段令人兴奋的成长时期, 它也会带来意想不到的压力挑战. It is not uncommon to need support beyond what family and friends can offer at some point in a college career. 你是…
- Hearing from family and friends that they are worried about you?
CAPS可以帮助您解决这些问题，以及更多问题. CAPS全体员工竭诚为您提供热情好客的服务, inclusive and confidential atmosphere to assist students across all 3 campuses.
The 丹顿帽 West Jones Hall location is currently undergoing major construction. 8月有效. 23, 2021, until further notice, 丹顿帽 has relocated to 旧主, room 307.
Very limited office space at the 旧主 location and the need for consistent and equitable service delivery across all our campuses necessitate that we conduct our work primarily via telehealth.
学生对远程医疗的反馈, including increased ease of scheduling and improved access to services, 自2020年3月以来的绝大多数情况都是积极的. We remain committed to our mission to provide high-quality, culturally-responsive and accessible mental health services to enrolled students across all campuses and online despite the challenges of a renovation at our largest location.
If you have any questions about our services or need to speak to a CAPS staff member, 请致电940-898-3801. CAPS staff members at this number can address concerns for the 达拉斯, 丹顿和休斯顿校区以及丹顿学生, 在线学生, 教职员及职员.
CAPS staff primarily offer sessions by HIPAA compliant Google Meet videoconference or phone. If you prefer videoconference, you will need to provide an email address. 如果你想电话见面的话, you will be asked to provide your phone number and permission for us to leave you a voicemail.
- Test your equipment before your first TeleMental Health appointment to identify any technical issues or barriers to engaging in TeleMental Health services. Should you need assistance, please contact TWU IT at 940-898-3971. Computers, tablets, and cell phones with cameras may be used.
- Ensure you have access to Wi-Fi with good bandwidth or a strong cell signal.
- 选择一个你有隐私和安全感的地方. This will help ensure confidentiality and reduce the likelihood of being overheard by others around you. If you do not have a confidential space to meet with your therapist, please inform the CAPS front office staff so they can reserve a private room for you at CAPS.
- Be stationary and do not drive or walk during your session. If you will be joining the meeting from your car, please be in a parked position.
- 如有可能，请使用耳机(最好能消除噪音). Headphones can minimize distractions and increase privacy further ensuring confidentiality.
- Place phones on silent and put them away, if not using them to access services. 禁用后台应用程序的声音通知.
- Log in 5-10 minutes before your appointment to allow time to trouble shoot any technical issues and to maximize your scheduled appointment time. You may also use this time to settle in and make yourself comfortable.
- Wait for therapist to connect with you at the time of your appointment.
- 在你的疗程开始时, your therapist will ask you to confirm your current location and a call back number where you can be reached should we have technical difficulties or your connection gets dropped/disconnected.
If you are interested in scheduling a new intake appointment for individual, 夫妻, 或团体服务, 请致电940-898-3801与CAPS联系寻求协助.
TWU CAPS provides short-term therapy and consultation to students who are experiencing emotional and psychological problems that are interfering with their academic performance and personal well-being. Our purpose is not to provide long-term or intensive treatment for chronic or severe mental illness or mental health problems. CAPS reserves the right to determine if we have adequate resources and expertise to address your particular treatment needs. If your needs cannot be met by CAPS, we will work with you to secure an appropriate referral.
Requests for documentation related to Emotional Support Animal accommodations are considered on a case by case basis for existing clients only. When it is determined that a letter of support is warranted, CAPS staff will provide a written summary of your course of treatment and diagnosis. 虽然我们很乐意以这种方式帮助你, please note that we do not offer a formal recommendation for accommodations and that any decision regarding the need for an Emotional Support Animal will be at the sole discretion of the party for whom the documentation is being provided.